Saturday, December 01, 2007

So ridiculous, it's funny

Well... let me just tell you about our cars. Our cars cause me a lot of stress and laughter. My husband has a 94' Honda and I have a 96' Toyota. They have been great cars and I really am thankful that we've had them. However, lately it has just gotten comical. The cars pick and choose when they want to start. One day mine won't start, then a few days later his won't start. Then they will miraculously start. I used to get so frustrated and pray that God will provide us with a new car... but now I just laugh...and still pray that prayer. A few nights ago we decided to go buy me some running shoes because I want to keep this up, and I need a good pair. So Matt was going to get them for me for Christmas... we go to get the car to have a family night out at the mall, and his won't start. So we switch Ethan's car seat and put it in my car. Off to the mall we go, I get my shoes, and we come home. So now i'm using my car. Well, we go to get in the car to go to Ethan's DR. appointment which we're already running late for.... and my car won't start. We walk over to Matt's car to see if it will crank up... it decides to work. So we switch the car seat again. And off we go. This cycle has been going on for about 2 months now. We've gotten the cars looked at, my starter was replaced, and now it's just so ridiculous that is it funny. THANKFULLY, the cars take turns deciding not to work and they've never left us in a place that was inconvenient. Matt's poor car is on it's last leg. It shakes so bad, but we look at it this way- free massage while sitting at a traffic light! I know we'll start a trend and they'll start adding that feature to all the new models. Just watch ;) My car is my first and only car. I remember getting it when I was a Sophomore in high school. I've paid everything on that car except the down payment and a little help here and there when i've needed it.
Anyhow, I really know that these have been a blessing to us and I try not to be ungrateful, but i'm ready to move on. I'm ready to have a new (to us) car! So please join with me in praying that SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY this will happen!
p.s. Ethan is starting to feel better and that makes mommy and daddy SO happy!

No comments: