My parents took Ethan for the day and over night tonight. Although Matt and I have been on the run non-stop doing grocery shopping, Christmas shopping, and cleaning...I feel like a part of us is missing and it makes me sad. Ethan has stayed away from home before but this time is the first time where I truly miss him and would go pick him up in a heart beat. He is our son and I love his presence in this house. His laughter, noises, and crawling from room to room.
Lately i've been thinking A LOT about what it means to be a stay at home mom and the ministry that you can have. As you may know, I recently had to return to work. It was a hard adjustment but I was starting to handle it better. Well PRAISE GOD things are about to change so I can be at home with him more. Our church is taking Matt on more hours and he is getting a job in the community to make relationships and connect with others. Which means I get to stay home more. I didn't think I took my staying home for granted before, but boy did I! I made a secret promise to God that if he would bless us and enable me to stay home more, that I would NEVER take it for granted again. Lo' and behold the Lord already knew my heart and things were about to unfold. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be home with my baby and be such an active part in raising him up. I've started thinking about all the things I could do staying home with him. Organizing a mom's walking group, going to the library now that he's getting older for reading time and connecting with women there. I can't wait to go for walks again with him in the mornings (when it gets warmer of course) and teach him all about our world and the God who created him and loves him more than he will ever be able to comprehend. I don't want to be a lazy mom- not to be confused that I won't enjoy resting and relaxing sometimes- but I don't want to stay shut up in my house never interacting with others or allowing my son to interact. I have a new excitement and a new appreciation for the gift that I was able to have for 8 months and now am going to have again in a few more.
So anyhow, new excitement and new things going on in our lives and i'm loving it. I still want to work a few hours a week because i've built relationships with several women and I love working with my 3 year old's. But if you can't tell already, I am SO ready to spend more time with my precious baby boy!!!! Well i'm off... just wanted to share.
1 comment:
HOORAY! Oh Cheri, my heart just warms thinking you get to be home again! Did you by chance read the John Piper sermon to women I posted awhile back? (I can email it to you if you'd like)-- it was a wonderful challenge to me to use my at-home time wisely. I'm still figuring it out, but I am so so so happy for you! Are we going to get to see you tomorrow night?!
Post a Comment