It was inevitable. With a brick fireplace and a mobile baby boy, we knew he would get hurt sooner or later. I was just hoping it would be later. Tonight he was crawling towards the fireplace and I went to stop him before he would get hurt and bam... he hit his head on the brick. He started screaming and crying and it immediately swole up and bruised a little. Matt and I were frantically deciding what to do. We grabbed ice and watched him. After a quick call to my mom and asking her advice, we think he'll be ok. It still made my heart sink. I hate that I can't put him in a bubble and keep him safe the rest of his life. This little thing reminded me to pray for him more often and his future. I know that God never promised us that bad things wouldn't happen, but I just need to let go and entrust Ethan to Him.
On a lighter note, if it bruises bad, i'll definitely get a picture to post. I have his whole life on camera, so no worries! ha ha.
2 comments:
I LOVED reading your birth story!!!! What a great time to post it-- for his 9 month birthday! I think they make covers for fireplaces kinda like a chair cushion. I feel like one of my mom's friends had one when her boys were small!
Oh no! Poor kiddo! Hate to say it is the first of many of the not fun parts of being a mommy. :( I am glad he is ok and glad dad and mom are ok too!! ;)
Post a Comment