Monday, August 20, 2007

So many changes

Well on our way home after I posted last I noticed that Ethan's bottom two teeth are coming in. The whites of them are poking through the skin and you can definitely feel them! So many changes! So in one day (the day before he turned 6 months old) he rolled over during nap time and started getting two teeth!!!!
His 6 month check up went well. He is still above 97% of his peers in length (29.5 inches) and in the 90% for his weight (20lbs). He did great with the shots but we had some not so fun times in other areas. Let's just say I never knew boys could have a yeast infection. Especially one that warrants $50 prescription cream. Thankfully our pediatrician gave us some discount card and it only ended up costing us $10. (I thought it was just a diaper rash) AND then..... not to get too graphic.... his circumcision started "fusing" back together and the doctor had to "take care" of it. So our little boy was in some pain...... shots, 2 teeth coming in, yeast infection, circumcision issue. But he is SUCH a good baby!!!!!!!! God knew what I could handle and I PRAISE the Lord for our precious boy.
Matt and I want to freeze him. He is growing up so fast. We can see why people have babies to close together because once one starts growing up you want to have another tiny baby to love. (NO, NO we aren't even thinking of having another one any time soon) But we do have a new baby in our family. My brother's wife had her second baby about 3.5 weeks early. Both her and baby are doing fine and they are actually at home. I may get to go visit them today.
Well Matt starts his new temp. job today. God is so amazing and faithful. He has consistently provided for our needs. I am blown away by how a God could love us so much. Even when we consistently dishonor and turn away from Him. My husband preached a good message this past weekend at church. Go to
http://www.bridgecommunitychurch.net/ and click on PODCASTS to hear it. It should be up, but it might take a few days for them to post it. It was a message on Jesus Christ and why He is the only way to make us into a right relationship with God again.
Well I feel like i'm rambling. There is so much to say. But i'll end with some good news. We decided to get internet. It is definitely one of those modern technologies that we have to have. It was so hard for my husband to job hunt without the internet. And so many places want you to e-mail resumes and all this stuff. So we realized that we really needed to have it. Plus Matt does so much online research for sermons and school. So i'll be back blogging more faithfully (or is the word fanatically?)
Added bonus- Cheri's list of top 5 current fav's
1. breathable bumpers- great for your child's crib when they start sticking their legs through the slats. Ethan was waking up every night with his chubby legs out through the crib. These are AWESOME! Found at babiesrus for about $25.
2. bib placement- whenever I feed Ethan I put a cloth bib under his plastic one. So when he's done eating his fruits or veggies in the high chair, I simply take off the plastic bib and the cloth one is ready for him when he takes his bottle.
3. buttpaste- the BEST remedy for a diaper rash- unless it's really a yeast infection (see above)

4. teething beads- the old school necklace looking thing with colorful "beads"...Ethan LOVES it because one bead is big enough to fit in his mouth.
5. The boppy- great for learning to sit up. Because I had to stop breastfeeding I thought the boppy was useless. Well... I got it out and sat Ethan in the middle and it is great for learning to sit up. ALSO, great for tummy time when they get tired from holding themselves up.

Ethan after his dr. appointment
Ethan wearing daddy's hat
I hope he always has that dimple!
"Look at me in my new big boy car seat!"
Tummy time on the boppy before church- he is learning to pick up the paci and put it in his mouth... he hasn't quite gotten it in his mouth right.



No comments: