Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Zoo trip

Yesterday Ethan and I took a trip to the zoo with my brother and his family while Matt was in class all day. Although we had a blast, we sure missed having our daddy/hubby! My nieces and Ethan had a great time together! They were holding hands and running and playing and enjoyed looking at all the animals. The kids were zapped by lunch, I would by lying if I said the parents weren't zapped as well! For those of you that frequent the NC zoo, they are adding some neat stuff! We saw construction underway for a huge walkway and tower near the giraffes... we found out that they are adding a giraffe feeding feature! It is supposed to be complete by May 16th, I believe. They are also building a huge bee hive. From what I could gather you can walk through it and the walls will be glass covered and you can watch the bee's in their hive. They are really trying to upgrade the zoo. They recently finished a new elephant exhibit which was nice.
My favorite part of the trip was when the kids walked up to the chimpanzee exhibit. Two chimps came up to the glass and sat right in front of Ethan and my nieces. One of them came up to the glass and knocked on it. It was like the chimps were coming to watch all the humans. The kids loved seeing the monkeys up close and personal! Here are just a few pictures from our trip! (I'm leaving out some adorably cute ones due to the wishes of brother not to have their pictures posted on the web.)

Up close and personal with the chimpanzee
Of course he wanted to get on the truck... that's my boy!
My cutie with the elephants
"Look mommy, an elephant!"





2 comments:

Dan said...

Very cute...of course I may have wanted to climb on the truck too. :-)

blsmom said...

Oh my word, how fun!! I love the zoo... one of my favorite places to go with my kiddos!!!