Sunday, April 12, 2009

Potty talk

*Disclaimer: This post is about potty issues. If you are not comfortable about reading about such issues, then don't read it. If it's any consolation, it is about a toddler, not an adult.

It happened. The one thing that i've heard from other moms that their child has done before, but mine had never done. I have to tell this story because first of all I think it is hilarious. Secondly, it is about my child and I love writing and relating to other moms out there.
It was bath time. Last night I was giving my precious baby boy a bath. He was having a blast playing and laughing and kicking. I was sitting on the floor next to the bath tub leaning against the wall watching him. Then I heard something. My little one had pooted in the bathtub. It had produced some small bubbles so he laughed and I laughed. Then he squeezed again to produce the sound again. He succeeded in doing it again and I just laughed and laughed. So he did it a third time, in which case I said, "alright sweetie, no more pooter poots (that's what we call them) in the bathtub...it's time to get out". Well I know my son has a pleasing heart and he wanted to do it again to make his mama laugh. However, this time there was a little more substance to his action. He pooped in the bathtub. We BOTH looked at each other in disgust. He really didn't mean for it to happen. He pointed to it and said, "that's yucky!" in which case I said, "yes it is". I took care of the "problem", drained the bath, made sure he was cleaned off, and after we got him dried and dressed in his PJ's, I went in a scrubbed the bathtub.

The thing that I find funny in this is that he was really trying to make me laugh. The look on both our faces when the deed had been done was priceless. So anyhow, there it is. I know i've heard of kids doing that before, but I had always happily reported that my precious son had never done that before! Fun times in Motherhood!!!!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice. Pooter poots. I like it.