Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It has been quite an eventful week. I am starting to feel a ton better with my tonsillectomy. I had my post-op appointment yesterday and he said I was about 95% healed. Still hurts every time I swallow, but I am doing so much better than I was the first week!
Ethan ran a real high fever for 2 days and now just has some congestion. It is so hard when your baby is sick. He wants to cuddle a lot which is nice, but then he turns into a little devil. He acts out so badly when he is not feeling well. It kills us to punish him but he has to know that this behavior is not tolerated no matter how bad you feel. On a fun note, guess who is in a big boy bed??? He did GREAT with the transition. No problem what-so-ever. That is so nice and a huge relief. I had a feeling he would do well because he goes to bed without a peep and has always been a pretty good sleeper. I was a little nervous about him waking up early and wanting to come out of the bed. The first morning he woke up a little early but instead of getting out he just started jabbering and stayed in his bed. Then because he's been sick he actually slept in until 8:00 the past 2 mornings which has been heaven for us! (Not heaven when he's up for hours in the middle of the night) but I like the sleeping in! Today he was being so silly right before his nap, so we caught a few pictures of that.

Big boy bed, complete with nifty rail to keep my roly poly from falling out. This one comes with a night light and a cup holder. I laughed at the thought of using those, but I actually stuck the cup holder on because he has wanted something to drink the past 2 nights when he got in a coughing spell... actually quite handy! That will be used only when he's sick, he doesn't need a bedside snack shack!
Where's Ethan?

There he is! He discovered he could crawl into his dresser when I was putting some diapers away today.


My silly boy wanted to put on some accessories to play softball...notice the water sandals complete with winter hat and mittens. What a goober. He wore those for like 20 minutes while playing.




No comments: