Friday, April 24, 2009

Blogger's block

My friend Lauren made a comment about me not blogging as much lately. I just haven't had much to say that I felt was blog worthy. Plus I know some of you can relate: when the comments are few and far between you tend not to blog as much. Sometimes you live for the comments on here and that makes you want to write some more. I haven't had many lately, so I just haven't felt compelled to think of blog worthy stories. I have also backed off on taking so many pictures of our son. The child is 2 and has over 10,000 pictures. At this rate we will need an external hard drive for every year of his life to save pictures and video on. So all around I am taking a break.
I will tell you that something i've been thinking about lately is that Ethan is at that stage where he is constantly getting hurt. He looks like a beat up rag doll. He has a shiner due to an injury in the bath tub. He was hitting around a plastic cup and laughing hysterically. I was laughing so hard too that I was almost crying. Well he hit it so hard it bounced off the shower wall and came right back at him and hit him right on the cheek bone below his eye. It bled and welted up and gave him a little black eye. Last night at Matt's softball game Ethan was running around kicking a soccer ball and fell on the cement and scraped his knee all up. As I was cleaning the wound I noticed his little shins are all bruised. I remember my friend Stacy saying that when she took her son to a 2 or 3 year check up she was afraid to show the doctor her son's legs because they were so bruised up. She didn't want them thinking he was being abused! It is just the toddler age where they are running everywhere too fast and playing too hard! And all of you know that my son LOVES to run!! He is like his daddy! I do think at this point he is going to be a soccer player. He loves all sports, loves being outside and loves trucks, excavators and tractors. He is has really become obsessed with playing soccer. A man from our church that was watching the softball game last night commented on how fast of a runner Ethan is and how he can really dribble the ball well for a child his age. I am really looking forward to putting him in a league in the next few years. Of course we will let him choose a sport to play and we will not push him, but I know his daddy would not-so-secretly love for him to be a baseball player. But we'll see.
p.s. I am heading to get an eye exam today and to pick out new glasses. I think I am more excited about this than I should be... ahh, it's the little things in life that get me going!

2 comments:

blsmom said...

You have to post a picture of your new eyes!! ;) I remember the "battered and bruised" stages too!!

jason and jen said...

I am giving you a comment to say that I had fun seeing you today and laughing with you and to tell you that I love you!