Friday, October 03, 2008

Sleeping woes

This week has been such an abnormal week for my wee little one. He has been waking up at 5:00a.m. and 6:00 and has been wide awake. Ethan usually wakes up around 8:00, so this is a little out of character. Today has been HORRIBLE as far as sleep goes. This morning he decided to wake up before Matt (4:50a.m.) and stayed awake for 2 hours, jabbering and fussing towards the end of his wakefulness. Eventually he fell back asleep around 7:15 and slept until 8:15. I am such a light sleeper that I basically laid in bed for 2 hours listening to him. WELL, this afternoon I put him down a little before 1:00p.m. for his afternoon nap. It is now 3:20 and he has yet to fall asleep. I shouldn't be stressed or bothered too badly because he hasn't cried or fussed but he is WIDE awake. Just jabbering, playing, talking, and laughing. He almost took off his whole bumper. Normal people could maybe just ignore him, but I can't. I just sit here thinking, "why isn't he falling asleep...when will he fall asleep....will he fall asleep....we have a birthday thing to go to tonight, will he be cranky now...how will this affect his night sleep!" As I am sitting here typing, this is what I hear: "night, night....b-ball....mee maw....puppy....pass.....juice....milk.....hi...
....b-ball....shoo shoo, buggy.....night night....mommy....night night....mommy....b-ball ....meeee maw...." and on and on and ON. I guess I am going to get him up. I mean he has been in his crib almost 3 hours, if he hasn't fallen asleep by now, I guess he isn't going to. And even if he were, then that might affect how he sleeps tonight. Good gracious. I thought I was done with sleeping issues when he first started sleeping through the night at 9 weeks old. Why is it that the little things in life stress me out the most?! Maybe because I can't control it and that bothers me, who knows. Off to go get him up...

1 comment:

Sheila said...

It sounds like he was practicing his vocabulary so he didn't forget any words he knows! :o)

I totally agree-- you think you have some part of mothering figured out, then these little ones WHAM! surprise us!