This is a melting pot post because there are so many different things I wanted to write about.
First one being that I LOVE being a mommy. Ethan is just at a really fun stage right now. He is so cute! His favorite thing right now is to listen to "Wheels on the bus" on a toddler veggie tales cd. He will ask to listen to it at least 50 times a day. (No exaggeration!)
He has also developed a love/lust for peas. He will eat all of them first out of his mixed veggies. Then he eats the carrots, then all the green beans and saves the corn for last. What a goober. I started making him peas only because he loves them so much! I will always capitalize on a vegetable obsession from him!
Another recent thing that cracks me up is that he has started coupling the words "thank you" and "your welcome". So now when he asks for juice he will say, "thank you welcome!" He also says "please" with such passion. The more he wants something, the more passion he puts into saying it. He has really started putting words together to form small sentences. "Daddy work". He runs through a list of people he loves on a daily basis asking me where they are. "where... granddaddy, dee, mike, jacks, ki ki (courtney), papa, mammy, woof woof (papa's dog)" then he ends with "work". Because all of those people must be at work if they aren't with him! He's so silly.
Ever since I was out of town for our women's retreat he has been in love with his daddy. Yesterday he fell and started crying and asked for daddy. Matt is loving this because Ethan has always been a mama's boy.
Ethan's not-so-fun recent obsessions are hitting and saying "no". This morning in his class where I work he said, "hit" then hit someone. I talked with them about this behavior and told them to not tolerate it at all. So they sat him in time out. He didn't do it the rest of the morning. He doesn't hit hard or maliciously he just informs you that he's going to hit and then does it. I really cannot wait for this phase to pass! We are being as consistent as we can with him. Saying "no" has gotten a little bit better but my little smart alec will say "no" then when I tell him that "we do not tell mommy no" he will look at me and then mouth the word and not actually say it! Can you believe that??!!! Wow, he is just like his mama. Matt and I know that we have to keep a tight rein on our precious little boy because he is a stubborn one!
Anyhow, in other fun news I just started a new bible study. It is Beth Moore's most recent called Stepping Up. So far I just did day 1, but I am already SO excited about learning about the Psalms of Ascent and growing closer to the Lord. I do not want to idolize Beth Moore herself in any way. But I am so encouraged by her passion and love for God and His word. She has a way of writing studies for women that just challenge and strengthen us. I hope I walk away from this changed. If you have any questions about what it means to follow Christ and live for God, PLEASE leave me a comment and I would love to talk to you about it. If you are a woman in the Raleigh area and are interested in joining this study, PLEASE let me know. You do not need to go to my church just to do this study. It is open to you!
Anyhow, I hope to post a cute picture soon that I took. I took it last week before we were leaving for "school" and he actually looked at the camera and with a big smile said, "cheese"! So I snapped one. I'll post it soon. Happy Fall!!!
First one being that I LOVE being a mommy. Ethan is just at a really fun stage right now. He is so cute! His favorite thing right now is to listen to "Wheels on the bus" on a toddler veggie tales cd. He will ask to listen to it at least 50 times a day. (No exaggeration!)
He has also developed a love/lust for peas. He will eat all of them first out of his mixed veggies. Then he eats the carrots, then all the green beans and saves the corn for last. What a goober. I started making him peas only because he loves them so much! I will always capitalize on a vegetable obsession from him!
Another recent thing that cracks me up is that he has started coupling the words "thank you" and "your welcome". So now when he asks for juice he will say, "thank you welcome!" He also says "please" with such passion. The more he wants something, the more passion he puts into saying it. He has really started putting words together to form small sentences. "Daddy work". He runs through a list of people he loves on a daily basis asking me where they are. "where... granddaddy, dee, mike, jacks, ki ki (courtney), papa, mammy, woof woof (papa's dog)" then he ends with "work". Because all of those people must be at work if they aren't with him! He's so silly.
Ever since I was out of town for our women's retreat he has been in love with his daddy. Yesterday he fell and started crying and asked for daddy. Matt is loving this because Ethan has always been a mama's boy.
Ethan's not-so-fun recent obsessions are hitting and saying "no". This morning in his class where I work he said, "hit" then hit someone. I talked with them about this behavior and told them to not tolerate it at all. So they sat him in time out. He didn't do it the rest of the morning. He doesn't hit hard or maliciously he just informs you that he's going to hit and then does it. I really cannot wait for this phase to pass! We are being as consistent as we can with him. Saying "no" has gotten a little bit better but my little smart alec will say "no" then when I tell him that "we do not tell mommy no" he will look at me and then mouth the word and not actually say it! Can you believe that??!!! Wow, he is just like his mama. Matt and I know that we have to keep a tight rein on our precious little boy because he is a stubborn one!
Anyhow, in other fun news I just started a new bible study. It is Beth Moore's most recent called Stepping Up. So far I just did day 1, but I am already SO excited about learning about the Psalms of Ascent and growing closer to the Lord. I do not want to idolize Beth Moore herself in any way. But I am so encouraged by her passion and love for God and His word. She has a way of writing studies for women that just challenge and strengthen us. I hope I walk away from this changed. If you have any questions about what it means to follow Christ and live for God, PLEASE leave me a comment and I would love to talk to you about it. If you are a woman in the Raleigh area and are interested in joining this study, PLEASE let me know. You do not need to go to my church just to do this study. It is open to you!
Anyhow, I hope to post a cute picture soon that I took. I took it last week before we were leaving for "school" and he actually looked at the camera and with a big smile said, "cheese"! So I snapped one. I'll post it soon. Happy Fall!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment