Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Recent fun

Before I reminisce on the past few days of fun, let me tell you a quick story. So, I went to use our video camera a few months ago and it was completely dead. I tried to charge it but I was getting nothing. I was very upset thinking that the camera was broke. Today I was telling Matt that I would like to get the camera fixed before the holidays. Matt decided to take one last look at it before we took it to a store and boy am I glad he did. He discovered that I had a complete blonde moment (no offense to my blondie friends)! I was putting the charger into the wrong outlet in the camera, I was plugging it into the AV/Output hole. What a dope! Of course it was dead and won't charge if you're not plugging it into the right place. DUH!
Anyhow, off to my recent fun.
Matt's old college roomate and his wife and daughter all came up to spend Monday night with us because Tuesday Danny and his wife were going to a conference all day. So I would be watching their daughter, Rhyan. (Boy did that give me insight into having 2 kids- but i'll save that for another post!) So I watched Rhyan all day Tuesday and boy did Ethan and her have a BLAST! They are less than a month apart and Ethan was following her everywhere. Sharing his toys and food and even his beloved puppies! For those of you that don't know he sleeps with 2 puppies and they are his loveys. He kept calling Rhyan, Ashlyn which is his cousins name. Even thought I corrected him many many times, he insisted that she was "Ash-in".
Tuesday night before they went home we decided to hit up the NC State Fair. We were given admission and ride tickets as a gift, so all we were going to spend money on was the yummy food! It was also the first time I got to try out my new double stroller. Definitely handy to have but is a lot bigger than our standard stroller. We all enjoyed the animals and we even went on a carousel with the kids. It was a great evening minus the fact that Rhyan got so tired and over stimulated that she had a screaming fit and ended up vomiting in my new stroller and all over herself. Yikes. Overall we had a blast and always enjoy hanging out with Danny & Jess!
Today my little one has been in such a great mood and so much fun. He and his daddy had a blast rolling a toy car across the dining table as I was fixing our lunch. A great American classic : chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. We had a great night as a family being silly and loving on each other. I cherish these times together as I know some weeks are way more hectic than others and with new bible studies starting up soon we won't have any week nights together.
This weekend is our women's retreat and despite the forecasted rain, it will be a BLAST. I am really looking forward to it and i'm so happy my mom will be able to come! More pictures to come I am sure.

Daddy & Ethan having some pre-lunch fun!
Riding the carousel

Ethan and Rhyan having a lunch date!



No comments: