Thursday, October 02, 2008

"go pee pee"

So I know I am posting twice in one day, but this is too good to pass up. You may know I posted a week or so ago about us trying potty training with Ethan. He kept telling us when he would "poo poo". While we thought he was too young we went ahead and tried it. He did great, but wasn't telling us he had to go at all. We assumed he was too young and cognitively wasn't ready so we stopped after 2 days. Well guess what the little booger did today out of no where? After his nap he walked up to me and said, "go pee pee". I looked at him in shock and said, "pee, pee you need to go pee pee". And he proceeded to walk to the bathroom. So I went in there and sat him on it and he went pee pee and had a dry diaper. About an hour or so later he said, "pee pee". So we went in again, his diaper was still dry and he went pee pee. What in the world?!!! Is he ready now? I am so at loss as to what to do because he is still pretty young. He turns 20 months on the 16th of this month. So any ideas or suggestions?! Should we really do this afterall?

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Yes! Potty train! He is telling you that he has to go and keeping his diaper dry, those are two good signs that he is wanting to. Just be consistent. With Gabriel, I put him in underwear and took him every 30 minutes or so for the first few days. He got one m&m for trying and 3 for actually going. He potty trained quickly and I wasn't even planning on potty training until he was 3! It helps with the diaper purchases too since he only wears a diaper at night.

blsmom said...

DO IT!!! Put him in big boy unders like dads and have at it! Sounds like he is more than ready! If he regresses, oh well! If he doesn't then PERFECT!!! Both of my girls were PT at 18 months and Logan was at about 22 so it can happen!!