Who knew I could finish a race in 3rd place!!! 3rd from LAST person to cross the finish line. HA!
This morning I participated in our community's 5K race. My neighbor, who lives below us, asked me if I would walk it with her. She isn't much of a runner so I said I would walk it with her but we were going to run some of it. WELL, little did we know out of the 60 some people that were in it, we were the ONLY ones walking it. I mean there were some serious runners out there. Marathoners and some tri-athletes. There was 1 other man who finished last and he was 80 years old! I was going to feel like such a loser if even HE lapped us! HA HA! It was a fun morning, but we certainly thought we weren't going to be the only walkers. People were cheering as we were crossing the finish line, "way to go, you did it!" I just wanted to yell out, "We don't need your pity cheers, we were WALKING!" I mean we saw people walking HOME because they finished the race as we were about half way through. It was so funny. Matt decided to come work the race so he was stationed mid-way through and was just laughing as we were walking by. They practically were cleaning up the cones as we were finishing. HA! What a comical morning. After that my neighbor and I decided that we were going to start running together on a weekly basis. I am excited because my running partner is out of commission the next 9 months! So now I have someone to run with and she is a beginner so I don't feel like i'm running with someone who would leave me in the dust.
Another short story about the race...after you finish there are fruit and bagels and stuff for you to eat. I went to get a half of a bagel and was cutting it with a plastic knife. The knife slipped and cut open my finger. I thought it was deep at first because it started bleeding a lot. I was like, If I finished 3rd from last in a race AND need to get stitched because I cut myself with a plastic knife I can officially tatoo the word loser across my forehead. What a morning!
2 comments:
Yeah! I'm glad you girls are going to start running together, and hey, at least you walked 3.2 miles today!
Congratulations!!! ;) You never did answer me about your running partner, is she high risk? I am just curious!!
Post a Comment