Saturday, October 06, 2007

We're all sick

I mentioned in my last blog that Ethan has had really bad congestion and we found out on Wednesday he has his first ear infection and first sickness ever. He got put on antibiotics and i've been having "fun" suctioning his nose and he's been sleeping with a humidifier and whatnot. It is so hard to see your baby sick and you just want to miraculously heal them! He is starting to do better. However, a few days ago Matt and I started getting sore throats. This is the worst sore throat i've ever had. Feels like I have a shard of glass stuck in my throat every time I swallow. We both went to the Dr. this morning and the rapid strep test was negative, however the Dr. said that our glands are really swollen and both throats are red, especially Matt's. I was up all night with a fever and was dizzy. So we've definitely been hit with a bug. The Dr. put us both on antibiotics and tylenol with codeine for pain. He also sent off another throat culture to the lab to do more detailed tests that the rapid test didn't pick up. So our whole little family is sick! My parents thankfully took Ethan for the day and Matt and I have been able to sleep and rest. Ethan is doing a little better. Ethan's pediatrician said a horrible case of the croup is going all around and that can send the babies to the ER. So watch out for your little ones. Well i'm off to rest more. I am in love with tylenol and codeine!
p.s. My hoss of a son got weighed at the Dr. last Wednesday and he weighs 22.35 pounds. I am crediting the .35 to the carrots he had just eaten before they saw him! Ha. He is in size 4 diapers and wearing 9 and 12 month clothes. He will be 8 months in 10 days! Crazy!!!

No comments: