Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We have a crawler....and more!

The past few days have brought on a lot of change. I feel like when Ethan does something new, he does it along with 5 new things. Yesterday he crawled across the living room floor! He has been taking one "step" and laying back on his tummy, and then taking two "steps" and resting again. So I knew for a while that crawling was just around the corner. Well yesterday we took a turn around that corner. He crawled consistantly on his own across the living room to a beloved toy! THEN after that, he crawled over to me and he pulled himself up to standing. So not only does my boy crawl, he pulls himself up. The neat thing is that Matt and I were both here to see it! Then today, he showed off his crawling skills more and then when he was fighting off a nap I went into his room to video tape him playing in his crib and he pulled himself up to standing on the rail of the crib!!! WOW! So many strides so quickly. I truly feel that walking is right around the corner. He LOVES to stand up against furniture or us. I am so proud of our boy!
So a couple of other things going on in our household....
Work is going so well and I have gotten over my emotions of leaving my son during the day. This job is a blessing and I still work good hours to see my baby and husband!
We had a successful surprise birthday party for Matt last weekend. It was a fun gathering of friends to honor my sweetie!
Monday night Ethan woke up every hour crying which was rough, I saw him the next day and come to find out he is getting his big incisor tooth on the top! No wonder!
Ethan woke up early Tuesday morning about 6:00a.m. screaming. He had gotten his leg through the one open crib railing and was trying to roll over! Poor baby probably about broke his ankle.
Yesterday I hurt my son for the first time and we both cried. This is so sad and I still cringe thinking about it. We went to Target as a family and I was buckling him back in his car seat to go home. I accidently caught his leg skin in his buckle! He started shaking and turning red and went to scream and it was that awful first scream where nothing comes out for a few seconds and then it is an enormous howl. I started frantically crying and screaming "oh no, oh no!" Matt was returning the cart and came back to the car to both of us crying and screaming. It was so awful to see his little skin pinched in the buckle and i'm trying to un-buckle it to get it out! I just held him outside the car calming him and then I sat in the car snuggling him a little longer. It took me longer to get over it than he did. Then I think God knew what I needed, because Ethan laughed the whole way home about something. It was like he got the giggles and the Lord knew that my heart needed that.
Anyhow, this weekend brings a camping trip with my parents. We are looking forward to going to VA to stay in a camper and have some good family time. My parents are all worried that it is going to rain, but we don't care! We need the rain and we will have fun regardless!
Well God is so good and I am so blown away by his love and mercy. I am learning so much right now and I realize how unhappy I am with my relationship with him. I want and need so much more. I am just so thankful that he doesn't need me to complete His work, but I am honored that I get to participate anyway! I just need to "get my head in the game". To use a sports analogy. (That's for you honey!) Thank you God for your son Jesus Christ and the fact that You sent him to be the way that we could be in a right relationship with you again! I am so blessed!

My little happy boy!
Knee-slappin' fun!
It's bathtime!
Matt's birthday!
Singing to Matt!





3 comments:

jason and jen said...

I love Ethan's smile in those pictures and I love the ending of the Target story...how he laughed all the way home! How sweet!

Sheila said...

I clipped Olivia's finger once and I cried too. :o(

I am glad you seem to be doing so well! Thanks for sharing the pics-- what a big boy! (I hope OLivia doesn';t want to crawl for a long time-- haha!)

Courtney said...

Way to go, Ethan!!!