Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gorgeousness

The last few days have been so beautiful! I echo many other's blogs that live in the state of North Carolina in welcoming fall! It has been absolutely glorious! The past few days have been VERY busy for me and my family. My brother and his family came into town and I loved snuggling with my 8 week old niece and playing with my 2.5 year old niece as well. She is SO cute and SO smart! She loves her cher cher! We also had my dad's sister and her husband down here from IL and we have had a few days of shopping and fun family times. Our fun family times consist of tellling stories, laughing, and EATING! My dad is a wonderful cook and he of course out did himself in meals of BBQ, Ribs, and Lasagna! My Aunt and Uncle also brought down our FAVORITE food from the north called Portillos! It is AMAZING! My favorite roast beef and italian sausage. It doesn't sound like much, but i'm telling you... it's awesome!
Tomorrow starts my first day back to work in almost 8 months! I'm nervous yet excited. I know it will be very hard to leave Ethan for this long. I've been the primary care taker of him for so long that it will be hard to leave him during the day. But hopefully a spot will open up soon at the daycare so he can come too. That's the plan at least. Matt is excited to work for our church more and start back with his masters soon as well as being able to spend time with Ethan. He didn't get to see him much when he was working full time, so I know this will be so nice for him. Good timing too, because Ethan will be crawling soon and daddy will have to do all the chasing! I got him while he was stationary, ha ha! Anyhow, as the seasons change so do a lot of things in our lives. I welcome change, sometimes it is good to have a refreshing new start or adventure. Well i'm off to clean the house, I don't want to start coming home from work and have to do all the dishes and chores, I want to be able to spend all the time I can with my son before he goes to bed. Happy Fall!

1 comment:

The Cox Family said...

Good luck tomorrow! I would love to have some time off...want to switch?