Well yesterday was our official anniversary. We had a fun lazy day and decided to eat out for dinner. We didn't want to spend a lot of money but I really wanted to go to the Melting Pot. After looking up prices online for the place (It would have been over $100 to eat there) we decided to down-grade. I love the Olive Garden so we decided to go there. We got semi-dressed up and went out to eat. We were seated in less than a minute. We had a wonderful waitress. Our meal was SO good. I had a portion of salad, 1.5 breadsticks, fetuchinni alfreado, and we split a desert. I was SO incredibly full. It almost ruined the dinner because I was so full. I haven't eaten a lot since i've gotten pregnant. I eat more frequently but I actually eat smaller meals. After dinner I felt like I was having twins! Ha ha! My husband ventured away from his normal meal and decided to branch out. (For him, this a huge event) He got steak and chicken shi-ca-bobs (however you spell that). He said it was wonderful! So needless to say, it was a great dinner but we were both VERY full. I was still full when I went to bed several hours later.
On the way home we stopped by Lifeway and I got a new bible study book. It already seems like it is going to be awesome! It is called, Women Making A Difference in Marriage. No, it is not one of those feminatzi books. It is teaching about building love, joy, and committment. The first lesson really hit home, talked about how God never intended our spouse to carry the burden of being our source of self-esteem. We were all beautifully created by God. We are to look to Him for acceptance. I found that to be so true because I often look to my husband to bring me joy and to find my identity in Him. And that is a load for him to carry. He feels like he has to walk on egg shells and be careful what he says for fear that I think he finds me unattractive or that he has to magically build my self esteem that us women like to tear down.
So all that to say, I am very excited because I feel that even after 2 years of being married, that I would definitely benefit from it!
I'm off to the eye doctor today after not being in almost 3 years! Let's just say I have been wearing 2 week contacts for like 6 months! HA! I know I am going to get chewed out by my optomitrists! Have a happy day!
(p.s. I know there are a lot of spelling errors in here, but the last 2 times I tried to spell check, I lost my entire posts.... it is not worth it!)
1 comment:
Thanks for leaving a message, I always feel happy to know we're "communicating" even though it's kinda fake! You and Matt should come and play with our kitty yourself! We would love to have you over sometime (maybe before school starts and our lives get crazy!!!!) I have a cell phone number for you, but I don't know if it's still yours. Maybe email me the best ways to contact you and I'll talk to Andrew about when we can hang out. Max would love to meet you (he's a total show-off!)
sheilastover@gmail.com
Post a Comment