Sunday, July 30, 2006

YAY for a fun anniversary trip!

We had a blast! My husband and I went up to VA to "camp" in my parents camper that is complete with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, ceiling fans, couch, chairs, TV, CD player and much more. I wouldn't call it camping but it was a nice getaway... a FREE nice getaway. We had so much fun together! Our activities consisted of Bocce Ball (He killed me), throwing frisbee (He pretty much ran all over to catch my horrible throws), walking, feeding ducks, playing pool in the gameroom (I won a game because he scratched on the 8 ball and he won one because I scratched on the break). We grilled hotdogs, hamburgers and steak. My husband LOVED grilling because it was manly. He was so cute being all proud of making us dinner. I LOVED it. We also played indoor games, of course we played Monopoly and Yahtzee. We also napped, "napped" ;), and relaxed. One of my favorite parts of the trip was on the way home. We stopped by the Mnt. Pilot State Park. It was awesome. It was hot, but very fun. We hiked some trails and saw this amazing GOD made mountain. If you have a chance, you HAVE to see it. My husband and I were just in awe and it was a very special time together. It is always neat to discover or do something new for the both of us! So now we are home and back to the crazy life of reality. I hope we always have fun together and will always be in love like we are! He was so cute when I was hiking today.. so cautious and wanting me to be careful not to hurt the baby. He is going to be a WONDERFUL dad! Well that was the cliffnotes version of the trip.
This week consists of: eye exam for me, Dr. appointment with me and the baby, going to Charlotte to visit my brother and his family, then having a girls weekend down in SC with some of my best college friends! Yeeee Haw!
I'm off for now!

No comments: