Yesterday we got back from a vacation with my parents. They used their time share and got a place on Lake Lure near Asheville, NC. The first half of the week my brother's family was there and we went down Wednesday and got back yesterday. We had a great time!! We relaxed, played cards, mini-golfed, taught my parents to play Bocce Ball, swam, and mom and I got a massage! Oh yeah! The Spa people talked my mom into trying a hot stone massage and so we upped our package and I am glad we did! It was awesome. It basically felt like warm baby oil they were massaging you with but they were using stones. Amazing. That was a much needed massage because earlier that day Matt and I went to Chimney Rock park and hiked. We had a blast. Unfortunately we were there a few days after a little boy fell and died. He and his family were hiking on a trail that was not appropriate for children and sadly he fell. I pray that the family finds peace and comfort in the midst of this trying time.
The movie The Last of the Mohicans was filmed at this park. It's just so amazing to look and see what a beautiful earth that God created. Water falls, trees, unique animals, rocks, and mountains. I thrive on being outdoors. I remember taking off on the blue ridge parkway when I was in college and taking hikes and having my quiet times out alone in the beauty that God created. Just awesome.
Anyhow, the trip was really great however the nights weren't so good. Ethan slept in the same room with us and I don't know if it was the fact that he would wake up and see us, but he was up EVERY night for several hours at a time. He wasn't crying or anything, he was just WIDE awake, Then he would fuss when we wouldn't get him, so he ended up sleeping in my bed every night for a few hours. He would laugh and play and kick his feet, he just thought he was having a slumber party I suppose. I just PRAY he doesn't do this the 3 weeks we'll be out of town in July because we'll be sharing a room with him on all those trips too. Yikes. Please say a prayer for us! ha ha. Well here's some pictures from our trip.

View of Chimney Rock from far away

View of Lake Lure from the top of Chimney Rock

Us on top of Chimney Rock

Hickory Nut Falls

We discovered on our trip that Ethan LOVES cheetos!

View of lake & marina from part of the resort

Me kicking Matt's butt in mini golf...I won 2 games and tied 1 against Matt and my dad

Swimming with Papa & Grammy... the resort had a mini-water park with a lazy river and water mushroom things... Ethan LOVES the pool.

Ethan "diving" for Papa's watch... dad would throw it in and Ethan would get a mouth full of water trying to pick it up off the bottom of the kiddie-pool and he did this OVER and OVER.
1 comment:
What a great trip!
Post a Comment