
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Heat Wave
As most of you know who live down in the south we are experiencing a major HEAT WAVE already! It's been in the high 90's and tomorrow its supposed to be 102 degrees! Well, last night about 6:45 our power went out. This has never happened. Not in storms or winter weather. Well we knew it was major when after about 10 minutes it was still out, then after about 20 minutes it was still out. I kept watching our thermometer on our air conditioning system go higher and higher. We decided to pack a bag and head to my parents house who are out of town. When we were leaving it had been 45 minutes since the power went out. We heard neighbors talking about how it would be out for another hour or so. Sadly I missed out on a ladies church event, but getting our baby into a working AC was most important, especially when we were about to put him to bed. So our night was nice and comfortable and we came back to our apartment this morning to working power. Praise the Lord! This weather did not come at a good time, because next week i'm running my first race ever. The Susan G. Komen race for the cure. My running partner and I have been training to run the 3.1 mile race. Who knows how we'll do when you feel like you have to cut the air with a knife in order to breathe! Stay cool in this heat wave!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh goodness!! I don't even live in the humidity and I would have been running for ac myself! LOL!!!
Post a Comment