Thursday, June 26, 2008

Park and Pool

This morning was a packed morning for us. Ethan "slept in" until 8:00 which was nice! We then headed to the park and called our friends Anna and Ty to join us. Ethan LOVES the park. He is finally getting it and enjoying running around and is even going on the playground equipment. He LOVES going up and down the stairs and even dared trying to climb up the slide. He didn't quite get the fact that mommy was saying to go up the stairs and slide down the slide. Especially when the older kids climbed up the slide.
We left the park and decided to go for a swim at our pool. Ethan and Ty had a blast. The water felt SO good! My little dare devil even enjoyed jumping from the pool's edge into the water where I was catching him. He is definitely the opposite of me when I was a child. Apparently I screamed every time I was put in water. Ethan has no fear! He loves it.
But all good things must come to an end and it did end abruptly for my poor baby boy! As I was gathering up our toys and whatnot to leave he was at the top of the concrete stairs that lead down to the kiddie pool and he took a step and fell. He fell face first into the concrete steps below him. PRAISE THE LORD I was there to catch him before he fell further. What an awful thing. First to see my son fall and then to hear the noise his face made when hitting the concrete. AWFUL! I tried to take some pictures to post but the flash whited him out too much and you couldn't fully see it. But his nose and forehead are all scraped up! I know injuries are bound to happen, especially with an active little boy, but it breaks my heart to see. I guess it just adds to the memories and stories to tell.

Ok, so I had to get a picture of him climbing up the slide before I reprimanded him for it.
Big boy climbing up the steps

He loves anything baseball
Ethan & Ty at the pool



1 comment:

E said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I just got back from being on mission trip today and the week before Jason was in Africa so it was crazy...but I am going to post tomorrow. Love you!