Monday, April 02, 2007

Success!

Date night was a success! We dropped off our little boy at my parents and left him for the first time over night. My husband and I did really well. I didn't cry at all!! We ended up going to Outback and ate out on their porch because it was beautiful. We then proceeded to Lifeway and got a new bible study to do together. From there we went by a movie theatre to see what was playing and after the disappointing selection we decided to rent a movie. But before we went to blockbuster we had to go to starbucks to get one of my favorite treats. The girl in the drive thru starbucks saw our empty carseat and asked if we were traveling alone. That sparked on a conversation about us leaving our baby for the first time. The lady was so hilarious and if we weren't in a drive thru I am sure we would have talked more about our baby and leaving him for the first time. So we then went to blockbuster and rented a movie. We had a fabulous night and didn't get to bed as early as I thought. I slept good went to church in the morning with my husband and then went to pick up our son. I was happy to see that he was awake when we got to my parents and I went and scooped him up and covered him with kisses and we snuggled. Mom and Dad said he did great but had a hard time pooping. (Story of his life) So they had to give him pear juice and lets just say that solved the problem. He emptied his system!!!

Anyhow, I have spent today grocery shopping and packing for our camping trip. My husband and I are going camping in VA for a few days. It is our first family trip! We are very excited and happy to be going. So as soon as he gets home from work this afternoon, we are off! Which reminds me I still have a lot to do while our little one sleeps...

No comments: