Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Philippians
I just finished doing a lesson with a book for my small group on Philippians. I encourage you to read Philippians and truly study it. I have learned so much through this study. Just looking at the history and the background of what was going on with Paul and the church at Philippi when this letter was written. I have learned some amazing things through the life of Paul. What zeal and joy his possesses. It's really sad that most Christians I know today (including myself) do not contain a fraction of the passion that Paul has. I think if we all truly understand what Christ did for us and how our lives can be in response to it, then we would be living a much more full life. I am praying that my heart and outlook will dramatically change. I want more than this mediocre life i've been living. I take for grantide who God is and what He's done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have been studying Philippians in SS and I have really been convicted about how easily I lose my joy as a believer. It truly is a fight to keep our joy-- but I desire to be like Paul, his joy is so evident and is totally not at all dependent on circumstances. :o)
Post a Comment