Well... it was an exciting start to the day. I received a call at 6:15 a.m. from a guy that says, "Um, your husband wanted me to call you... he passed out... can you come to the Y?" I was shocked and many thoughts ran through my mind. I didn't even think to ask, "Did he smash his face when he landed?" I just said a quick prayer for him and then stood for 50 seconds thinking about where my shorts were. I was so out of it and I was frantically trying to get ready so I could fly out the door.
I was about 2 minutes away from the Y when my husband called. He asked where I was because the paramedics wanted to take him to the hospital. Isn't it bad that the first thing out of my mouth was, "Um.... no, don't you dare get into that ambulance. It is expensive! I will take you."
So I quickly arrived to the Y and asked the paramedics if they thought it was ok for me to take him, and they gave him the release.
It was just odd that my husband had breakfast and a mountain dew (not the healthiest morning drink) and he fainted.
So anyway, 5 hours in the E.R. and some uncomfortable exams later, he was released. It is an "illness" called syncope. Basically, for whatever reason your nervous system can have an auntomatic response and cause you to faint. It can be triggered by anything. The thing is, he knew he was going to faint when he was in a locked bathroom. I told him, that whenever you are going to faint you need to sit down. Well he didn't want to faint in the bathroom and not be found for 4 days, so he decided to just walk out and sit down. Well in his disallusionment he ended up walking 30 feet that he doesn't remember doing and falling against a filing cabinet. He had a few bumps and bruises but nothing major.
So the next step is going to the Cardiologist on Tuesday just to make sure everything with his heart is working correctly.
God is so good and we are never without want... but I am a little sick of the hospital bills. Since we've gotten married I had an ER visit that costed about $6,000 where I was throwing up and had diahrea and they told me to "chalk it up to a mystery". Well i'm sorry, but when i'm that sick and my white blood cell count is through the roof, I don't want to "chalk it up" to nothing! Then a short time later I went through my pre-cancer stage where I had several procedures done that cost a couple of extra G's and my husband decided to break his nose and get stitches in February playing basketball and now this. Can we please stay out of the ER?????
Ha ha, at least praise God it hasn't been anything life threatening.
So that was my adventure today on this Friday. Our next hospital visit will hopefully be a more joyous one when our little one is born. Halleluiah!!!!!!!!!!!
Our 2 year anniversary is July 31st.... yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment