Sunday, January 23, 2011

Prayers of a child

I snapped this picture of Ethan a few weeks ago when he was sick and fell asleep on the couch. It looks like he fell asleep praying. I love it.
We pray often together before meals as a family. We have asked Ethan to start actually praying specifically instead of singing a prayer he knows from school. I love to hear what comes out of his mouth. My favorite is when he remembers to pray for Grace, our sponsored child with Compassion International. We can all learn from child like faith and prayers. Keep it simple, the Lord knows your heart. There is no need to draw it out or fill it with fluff.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Things like THIS are the reason you shouldn't give it up! Precious, precious. Does he just pray on his own? Or do you guide him somehow? (What are you thankful for today? Who would you like to pray for tonight?, etc.)

Matt said...

It is really sweet to hear him pray. Although sometimes he forgets what he's doing like the time he started to pray to granddaddy :-)

Unknown said...

I agree!