Friday, December 11, 2009

Confession time

I just completely lost my patience with Ethan. He isn't napping well. It goes in cycles which I know is leading to a dropped nap. I just went in there to tell him to settle down and I don't even know what really happened, I just know it ended up with both of us in tears. He tried to hit me repeatedly and was screaming at the top of his lungs. I disciplined him firmly yet walked out of the room enraged because I lost my temper and I hate this screaming that he's been doing. I love being a mom and would not trade it for the world... but sometimes I just wish he was perfect. HA. The neighbors must think we beat our child. For the record: WE DO NOT BEAT OUR CHILD. He has learned to scream real loud when he is upset or angry. Which makes for some fun times at school, church, the grocery store, etc. He has never been one to throw temper tantrums and lay out on the ground. But this screaming thing has to be the worse. Because everyone looks at you (the adult) and assumes your the one doing something wrong. Not that I care what people think, but it's frustrating. I know i'm far from perfect, he is far from perfect, yet why do I expect perfection?! Life is messy, we all throw fits about stuff... even adults. Bottom line: I love him so much and I wish I never lost my patience with him or anyone. It stinks to feel guilty about the way you handled a situation. But all you can do is say you're sorry, you love them, and try not to do it again.
Thankfully I think he just fell asleep and I am praying he wakes up a happy child.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I know Ethan is older than Aiden, but he started battling naps a couple months before Carter was born. Pretty much you described what it was like in our house at nap time. Thankfully, things have gotten better at nap time. I really think Aiden knew something big was about to happen and it was going to change things around here. Even though our boys are young, they can pick up on a lot of things. So, I pray that naps get easier for you. Hang in there!