Monday, December 21, 2009

Baby things

Today I started pulling out baby clothes and things to prepare for this new wee one's arrival! I only have 8 weeks to go (or less!)! I was so blessed with Ethan by other's that I didn't need to buy hardly anything! But I am also realizing that some things I borrowed, I have had to give back and now I need some things again! My list of "needs" is growing longer and longer. Although really, so many gadgets and gizmos have been created and most moms think they need a lot...but we really don't. So I would say that my list is made up of a few needs, but mostly wants. I am having to trust in God that the baby things we need will be provided in some way. I am realizing a trend already developing that I want to nip in the bud. Whenever something comes up, financial or not, I immediately start stressing instead of trusting in a God who has met EVERY SINGLE need we have ever had! So I am going to lay these baby things, both big and small, at His feet and trust that he cares and knows about them and our needs will be met!
I do want some mom's opinions out there... so you moms that have had more than one baby please speak up. Tell me your preference of a "carrier" for your second child. Do you prefer a baby sling, baby bjorn, etc. What is your method of carrying your infant, while being hands free to run after your toddler or older child?! Thanks!!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I use a Mobywrap, and I love it. We have only gone to church with out it one time and it was super boo. Our stroller is a Phil and Ted with the jump seat attachment- each seat can hold 45 lbs so we will get tons of use from it.
Other than that we didn't get anything else for Ben. Oh, we did ask for a carseat for Christmas for once he is out of the infant carrier.

Mollie said...

I'm interested to hear these responses... I'm still trying to remember that I'm pregnant!!

Sheila said...

When Hudson was small, he was in a pouch sling (Kangaroo Korner) or a Mei Tai, and it helped tremendously to have both hands free for Olivia!

We have a "newborn insert" for the Ergo Baby Carrier, but I never really figured out how to do it. I like the Ergo when they are bigger (good head control)

Miss you-- can't believe you only have 8 weeks!

Brooks said...

I personally loved the Baby Bjorn carrier and used it with Ellie until just about a month ago everytime we went shopping anywhere! I did have a hard time getting her in it by myself when she was a newborn, but after that I had no problems at all.

Lauren said...

I have an infantimo sling and a borrowed baby bjorn. I love both of them. The sling is great for when we're out because it keeps him warm and cozy and people can't really get their hands on him that way. Its also really easy to use. And I like the baby bjorn for around the house. It really calms him down when he's having bad reflux and it lets me move around at the same time.