Well I have great news. This past week when I monitored my sugar my numbers were great. So I e-mailed my dietitian and she said that I can start checking my sugar just 2 times a day instead of 4! I am thankful that it isn't getting high for now. She did say when you enter your 3rd trimester than you can see a boost in numbers. But for now I am very grateful. I have been watching what i've been eating and trying to make good decisions. I mainly changed my breakfast that I was eating. I eat breakfast every single morning and I would say 99.9% of the time it is cereal... Trix, Cheerios, Frosted Shredded Wheat, and whatever else. I have started eating cheese toast on wheat bread and a very small amount of orange juice OR cottage cheese with some fruit. So I have a bit more fiber and less sugar. I am actually eating more frequently than I was. I have added an afternoon snack and a snack before bed (sometimes). These all of course were recommended by my doctor.
I have also been proud of my weight gain so far, although before both of my pregnancies I had pretty much gotten my heaviest. (Didn't do myself justice there.) So far this pregnancy I have only gained 11 pounds total. With Ethan I was bigger by now. I gained 38 pounds total with him. So unless I gain 27 in the last half of this pregnancy, then I should not get as big. But we'll see. Since G.D. causes larger babies I am not putting any weight on my weight. (hardy har har) Ethan was a 9.5 pounder and a little over a week early, I am anxious to see what this little boy will be and when he'll be born!
No comments:
Post a Comment