Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Boston Market

Boston Market is currently running a few deals on their website. Please check it out. I got a 3 piece chicken meal with mashed potatoes and gravy and a corn muffin for $1.09 total!!! Matt, Ethan, and I all went there for lunch. So we spent a total of $3.27 on our lunch today for all of us! Of course it didn't come without hassle. It's a shame that places run deals or coupons then give you grief when you try to use them. First of all Matt printed out a coupon for each of us. Nowhere on the coupon does it say limit 1 per order. But we were prepared to pay separately to prevent any issues. When we arrived I took Ethan into the bathroom so Matt went to place our order. He told the lady that his wife and son were in the restroom. Of course with attitude she says, "I need to physically see them!". So he waited until we got out so she could see us. (Strike 1) Then when she saw that Ethan was a toddler she hesitated and made it seem like we were trying to rip them off by ordering a meal for him. She went to talk to her supervisor and said to us, "Um, he's a kid". Why yes he is. She basically made it sound like she didn't want to give him the order because he wasn't a "person". I can't remember exactly what she said, but we told her, "yes he is a person, this is his meal and he will eat it". So definitely with attitude they fulfilled our order and let us buy the meal. (Strike 2) Then comes the fun part... I get to the counter to pay and we decided to use cash. Matt was standing next to me and trying to keep Ethan waiting in line patiently, so I deemed myself the one that would hand the employee our money for each meal. Well not only did we ring everything up individually which was fine... but when I went to hand the man checking us out the money for Matt's meal, he looked at me and said, "He physically has to pay." ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? (Strike 3, 4 and 5!) They were making me pass the money to my husband who then in turn will hold out his hand and pass the money back to the cashier. Matt had to do it himself. It's not that paying separately was good enough, but they literally wanted us to pay separately. I almost sarcastically asked if they needed my 2.5 year old to PHYSICALLY HAND THEM THE MONEY. I mean is Boston Market not prepared to have people utilize their coupons?! And if they have restrictions they need to publicise them. I mean to debate not giving us a meal for my son because they weren't sure if he qualified as a "person"?! You have got to be kidding me. And all this added in the fact that they definitely treated us like we were horrible people and with attitude. In no way, shape, or form were we trying to do something that cheated them. We were using the coupon like it said and in the fashion that it said. It was quite ridiculous. But all in all, we got our meals which were a GREAT deal. The normal meals we got were $6.29 each, and instead we got to pay a $1.00! We tried to maintain dignity and a positive attitude to stay above reproach. So anyhow.
Check out their website, go and get your meals, but be prepared for confrontation. You just never know. Let me know how it goes if you end up going, I would love to hear!

3 comments:

Dana Lewis, DVM said...

man, is so want everyone to go to the same location you went to with like every member of their family and coupons galore and make them crazy. i wonder if eyob is big enough to be a person? carter is a person and a half so no problem there.

jason and jen said...

We also have had problems with people at Boston Market. Kids have been free for the past month...two kids meals free with one adult meal. One night I took the girls by myself when Jay was on an appointment. I had to spend $6.29 to get the kids meals. Well the only thing I get there is the side item sampler which is $5.99. I still don't eat meat at a lot of places from back in my veggie days....They would not let me do it even though it was a .30 difference. I turned around and we left. The girls were crying b/c they wanted their mac and cheese so badly, but I was not going to order something that I would have wasted. They are definitely VERY picky there!

blsmom said...

I would write an email to corporate... that is beyond rude!!