Monday, August 10, 2009

Date weekend

This past weekend my parents took Ethan camping with them so that Matt and I could have a nice weekend the 2 of us. Friday my mom picked Ethan up around 4:00p.m. That night Matt and I went out to the Melting Pot which is our traditional anniversary place to go! We enjoyed some very yummy fondue. (The new picture to the right on my blog is from that night) The cheese is our favorite, so this year we decided to order extra cheese and not get the chocolate. We are so full by dessert that it isn't enjoyable anyway. We had a great time and loved the yummy food! After dinner we went over to our awesome friend's house (in case you didn't know, our awesome friends are none other than Cary and Amanda Penrose!) and played cards and watched a movie! Saturday we slept in, I was actually able to sleep-in until 9:00! I haven't slept in that late for a long time. Saturday was pretty low key. I actually got a bit stir crazy because I am used to being on the "go"! Matt could sit on his rump all day and do nothing and be perfectly content, but I want to be going somewhere or doing something. So he won out and that afternoon we enjoyed a 2 hour nap! My in-laws called us and invited us to dinner at Cracker Barrel, yum! So we ate a great dinner with them and then headed over to our friend's Brad and Brooks' house! We really enjoyed sitting around with them for several hours just talking! We had planned on playing a new game with them that we haven't played before but we had a great time just talking and never got to the game! Sunday we woke up and went to church, after church I went and ate lunch with some ladies from our church. It was a lot of fun and very yummy as well! Matt had softball practice, so I went to Target and did some shopping on our annual tax-free weekend! I then went to my parents house where I waited for my little boy to come home!!! When they got home he was hyper! So he ran around while I helped mom work on my niece's quilt! I drew a big dolphin and a hibiscus flower on fabric so that mom could cut it out and sew it together on Lauren's quilt for her 2nd birthday! I am sure it is going to turn out great!
Anyhow, while we always thoroughly enjoy our weekends or nights to ourselves we always miss our little booger! Thank you mom and dad! I know he had a blast and we appreciated having a quiet weekend to ourselves!

**Red font indicates change to post after original entry! Gotta please my readers! (View comments if you want to have a clue as to what i'm talking about!)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love how we are "some friends house", but Brad and Brooks get the proper noun treatment. Harsh, Cheri.