I have not made this recipe, but I have eaten this cake and it is SO good! This recipe was in my new bible study called No Other Gods, by Kelly Minter. It could quite possibly be my new favorite dessert.
BUTTERFINGER CAKE
Preheat oven: 350 degrees Serves: 16
1 box Devil's good cake mix
10 oz. cola or diet cola
1 egg white
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2 T. peanut butter
8 oz. Cool Whip
7 Nestle fun-size Butterfinger candy bars
Combine cake mix, cola, and egg white. Bake according to cake mix instructions in a greased 9x13 pan.
A few minutes before the cake is to be done, combine sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in a saucepan. Cook and stir on low to make creamy and warm.
When cake is done and still hot, poke holes in top of cake with a knife and pour peanut butter mixture over top of cake. You may have to spread the mixture a little to help it go down into the holes. Sprinkle top with half of the chopped Butterfingers. Cool cake completely.
Cover with Cool Whip and sprinkle remaining Butterfingers over top. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
* Cheri's addition: it was actually still warm when we ate it, and it was just as delightful!
3 comments:
But why was it in the Bible study? Is this some kind of holy, calorieless cake? That would be awesome.
I agree. Maybe by poking holes in the cake, all the fat and calories fall out? Definitely looks like a recipe worth trying!
lol, I have made this. Not what we call it though but not appropriate for your blog! LOL!!! My recipe calls for heath (sp?) bars instead of butterfingers but I have put ALL kinds of candy on it!!!
Post a Comment