Sunday, July 05, 2009

July 4th festivities

We had a fun filled weekend! Friday started it off with eating salad, pizza, and ice cream sundaes at our friends the Emory's house! Brooks and Brad have a little girl who is 4 months old named Ellie. Ethan loves "baby Ellie" and wanted to hold her! Brooks said it was ok, and we propped Ellie up on Ethan with some pillows and he LOVED it! He kept asking to hold her that night. He is going to be a great big brother! We enjoyed our time with them.
Then that night our town was putting on a fireworks show at the park. So we walked down with some friends and family at 9:30 to see them. Ethan did great staying up past his bedtime but was such a little chicken. They were really loud and Ethan did not like that. So I had my hands over his ears the whole time and any time I would try to pull them away he would put a death grip on my arms. Towards the end I was able to sneak them away when he got used to the noise. He liked them overall, but was scared of the noise. I tried to snap some pictures, but my night time setting on the camera was messing up.
Saturday we went to the Apex July 4th celebration. They close the downtown street to cars and have games and food and little rides. Ethan's favorite part was getting to sit and climb on an old fire engine. He loved it! I got sunburned shoulders that day even though we were only out for about an hour.
We also enjoyed time as a family this weekend and played soccer outside and hit around a baseball. Our boy is loving any sports these days and Matt is eating it up!

Ethan holding Ellie!
He loved the fire truck!
Here's my cutie playing baseball... too cute to resist a snapshot!



No comments: