Because i'm having a hard time with internet, I thought I would do a quick recap this morning and try to post pictures later today. Monday was our first full day of camp which is my "day 2". It started off with us just walking around camp again. Well anywhere that we went Ethan was running! Monday morning is when Ethan got his first injury of the week and it was a good one. He had been eyeing a little toy tractor hot wheel that was parked in front of the camp director's boxcar. I had told him that we would ride it later. Well when I was talking to another staff that worked with me when I worked here in 2003, he had run around the corner and jumped on the tractor. He hit the gas and drove the tractor underneath the boxcar, hitting the metal on the bottom as he went. He was screaming and crying and I was yelling after him. He was so flustered that he didn't think to take his foot off the gas pedal so he kept going, knocking into stuff as he went. (the boxcar is lifted off the ground and placed on cinder blocks and other supports, so an adult could crawl underneath it) Really if he was any taller that really would have hurt him and knocked him on his fanny. Anyhow, I quickly crawled under and pulled him out and he had gotten nailed between the eyes. It was bruised and swollen. It was a scary few minutes for both of us! Later that afternoon we got really bad storms as was confined to the boxcar for over 3 hours. So all in all it wasn't much of a play day for us.
Yesterday (day 3) the weather was great. My friend Shannon came up for the day with her little boy to visit. We again just walked around and Ethan ran all over the place yesterday. We watched Matt play frisbee and Ethan was chased around by some girls. He is loving getting all the attention from the campers and staff. He didn't sleep at all yesterday during nap because he was so excited. He laid in his bed for 2 hours talking, singing, and playing. We eventually got him up and visited the basketball gym and the climbing wall. Ethan conned the staff into giving him several rides on the golf cart yesterday. He is getting spoiled here. I still haven't taken him swimming in the lake, but he hasn't been that pumped about swimming, I guess because we were just at the beach last week. I hope to take him canoeing today. Oh, other highlights, they killed 2 copperheads yesterday. One where we were just getting ready to walk up a path. Apparently a kid almost stepped on it because it was blended in the pinestraw. That made me real scared because he is running everywhere up ahead of us.
Well we are getting ready to go eat breakfast. I'll try to post pictures later. My vision of blogging for the week has been crushed, so I will try to blog when I can.
p.s. I am feeling pretty good. Just tired everyday and not really wanting to be out in the sun a lot. Other than that, we are having a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment