Thursday, May 07, 2009
Deeper Confession Time
I am not perfect. Not that I thought that you thought I was perfect. But sometimes I like to come across like I am perfect. That I have it all together. I don't. The past month I have gotten wrapped up in laziness. Ever since my surgery I am a napping queen. This in and of itself is not bad, but I used to use Ethan's nap time as a time where I would pray and spend some time reading my bible or doing a devotional. I would use his nap as a workout time as well. Now, Ethan's nap time is my nap time. I don't even have a good excuse like being pregnant. I have just shrugged off time management and priorities. The worst part of it all is that I desire that nap time now more than I desire working out and spending time in the Word. That is what draws me to this confession time. I have completely gotten out of the habit and have fallen out of love with taking care of myself spiritually and physically. Napping feels great, I feel rested and I love sleeping, but I feel that my body and my faith are suffering. Spending time in prayer and reading the bible doesn't need to be done out of obligation. I shouldn't feel like I need to do it and then check it off a list. Working out doesn't need to feel like torture. I should desire to take care of my body to prevent health issues that come with being over weight. My sweet husband tries to encourage me, but what wife wants to hear their husband tell them they should work out?! Ew. It just makes it worse. (I know you have good intentions honey, and I love you!) The problem is with me. I have walked away from these 2 very important aspects of my life. I do feel 100% like they go together for me as well. When i'm spending time with God I have more energy and my priorities are in sync. But when I get out of that very important habit, that is when things in my life start to shuffle and chaos develops. So my prayer right now is that I wouldn't care about being perfect. That I would desire this time with God and that my priorities will realign with Scripture. If that means I have to give up my nap time then so be it. It will all be worth it in the long run! Please pray for me and encourage me in this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praying for you, my sweet sister!
Habits are hard to break, whether they are good ones or bad ones... It's like me getting back into going to Curves, it's been SUCH a struggle, but hey I've been 2 days in a row!! Hang in there, I'm praying for you
so I had this plan that I would wake up at 5am work out and have a great quiet time and still be able to nap later. HA! a) WHEN I did wake up it started out ok but then as the morning progressed I turned into evil mommy. ugh. I hear ya girl. thanks for sharing your convictions.
Post a Comment