Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Obsession

Matt's new obsession that I whole heartedly endorse! The Grocery Game. (www.thegrocerygame.com) For a minimum fee you sign up, pick a grocery store (or more for an extra charge), you get lists of items that are on sale, she tells you what coupons in the paper to use on the sale items, and tips and tricks of getting the most for your money. It was awesome. Basically we went to Harris Teeter yesterday and spent $20 and save $21.00! Matt is so excited about saving us some money that he is in LOVE with it. My thought: Hey, whatever it takes to get him to help me grocery shop! We are now going to use grocery shopping as another family time. Matt will be there all excited with his list that he got off the website, Ethan will be happily strolling in the cart and I will be in love with the fact that my husband is passionate about grocery shopping and that we're all together! Yeee Haw! Try it out, you get a 4 weeks trial for $1.00!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I've been looking into the grocery game, too! We still have a few more out of town trips, so I'm waiting for those to be over before I check it out! Glad that you are loving it. Who knows, maybe Jeff will want to join me in grocery shopping, too! :)

Sheila said...

haha! can you imagine being excited about this when we were in college? my, how life changes!

jason and jen said...

I have been wanting to try it! Thanks for the info and the encouragement....and 4 weeks for $1, that's awesome!

blsmom said...

Oh, couponing!! Go to www.hotcouponworld.com you will learn SO much it is crazy!! And free! It is a bit overwhelming at first but it gets easier!!

The Wells of Morrisville said...

You know I love couponing! I'm so excited to read your post. Though a bit dorky, I carry a three ring binder with dividers and baseball card holders to carry all my coupons at the grocery store. Sometimes, you can get a great deal on something that was not advertised (or posted on the grocery game), but which you still have a coupon for! I did the grocery game for the trial period a couple of years ago. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it! There is a free couponing seminar coming up. . .check out Sue Stock's blog (Taking Stock) on the N&O's website to find out more if you are interested in it.

Mike said...

hey cheri - i like your new blog background but it makes it harder to read the text. can you change the font?