Friday, February 09, 2007
Baby update
Well the time is fast approaching. After our ultrasound today and Dr. appointment we found out that our baby is approximately 9 lbs 5 oz. and is most likely not going to fit through my birth canal. Our Dr. highly recommended a C-section. So I go back Monday for one last check up and we will schedule my C-section then. I don't really care how I have the baby, I just want him to be healthy and this looks like the best way. With a large baby due to gestational diabetes there is a huge risk with his head and shoulders trying to fit through the birth canal. They would potentially have to break his collar bone and whatnot during a vaginal birth. My Dr. even feels so strongly about this that he said he was sure that if I went into labor that I would end up needing an emergency c-section. So that is that. I will know on Monday when our little boy will be coming into this world. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY!
Ok, it's Monday, so tell us:)
Post a Comment