Sunday, September 10, 2006

Slacker

I know i'm a slacker on writing my blogs lately. With the busyness of life, I find it is hard to sit down and write my thoughts. I would rather just think them and then move onto something more productive. I've been at school until 6:00 every night and when I get home I just crash.
I am sitting here waiting to leave for my birthday dinner with my parents. We are eating at the Olive Garden.. one of my favorite places to eat. My hubby is taking a nap and I was trying to clean and do laundry because when i'm done with my dinner then we have to grocery shop and I have to get things together for school next week. (p.s. Never grocery shop when you are hungry because you end up buying more than you normally would!)
Lots of things have been going on lately. I got my license renewed on Friday. I was nervous about failing for some reason, but it was a piece of cake. Other than my hour wait at the DMV, I was out in a flash. The lady that helped me was really funny... I was teasing her about having junk in the trunk and she was making fun of my picture. It was great! I love when people are pleasant instead of rude!
My husband and I are doing a pedometer challenge. We are trying to walk more so I don't turn into a whale and have a hard time losing prego weight. (I am definitely starting to show now!) We went walking last week which was good. We keep track of how many steps we take a week and then the next week we try to add 1,000 more steps and the next week we add 2,000 and so on. I told him I was going to beat him on the steps because I am a teacher and all we do are walk the halls or the classroom! He did get injured playing flag football so he also has another disadvantage. He got a knee hard in the quad... a dead leg times 100! He had 2 games on Saturday and was supposed to have one today with the YMCA league, but he cannot play. He can barely walk! It is just a deep bruised muscle.
Anyhow, i'm trying to think of what else to write about. Nothing too major, just little things that have happened in the past couple of weeks. Let's just say i'm ready for Fall! I cannot wait to feel the crisp air and smell the smell of Fall. I think Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons.
Well I guess I need to go wake my husband up so we can go stuff ourselves! We should find out if we are having a boy or a girl soon. I'll keep you posted.
p.s. I have the best husband in the world!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

sounds like you're doing well. :o) have you picked definite names for boy and girl? i'm so excited for you to find out. a couple at church just found out this week that they're having a girl. :o) hooray for pink!