So I went from blogging every day, sometimes multiple times a day to blogging once a week if i'm lucky. I mean the added baby does have the most to do with it, but I am also having a hard time coming up with things to blog about. I doubt most of my readers want to hear about the mundane things I do from day to day, but right now that is all I have to share. So here are a bunch of random thoughts from myself...
* Having a newborn is way easier than having a toddler. I mean, other than the sleep deprivation with waking every few hours to feed, it is way easier. Caleb sleeps, eats, poops, sleeps, eats, and poops some more. Those are the highlights these days. He is 5 weeks old today and I feel like he is growing up too fast already! He is starting to focus on faces and stay awake longer, we have even seen a half smile every now and then. I cannot wait for the days he smiles at us so big and then the big belly laughs come. Ethan has been great, he continues to be an amazing big brother and is in love with Caleb. The hardest part has been being somewhat confined to the house with it being chilly outside. Poor Ethan was literally running in circles to get energy out. But now that it is getting warmer and i'll be returning to work in a few weeks he will be able to get some energy out.
* Speaking of work, that is a concern right now. I only work 4 mornings a week for a few hours, but I am nervous about the transition back to work. Thankfully I work with babies and I will be in the same room as Caleb so hopefully breastfeeding will be "easy" as I go back to work and Ethan is moving up to the next age room, he is now in the big boy room ages 3 to 5 years old. I hope he does well being one of the youngest in the room instead of being one of the oldest. I know it will all be fine, but this is a big transition for all of us.
*Breastfeeding is working out this time. With Ethan I barely made it 2 weeks. I had a lot of issues, minor depression, etc. and it was NOT a good time for me or my family. I had no expectations coming into this pregnancy, I just prayed it would work out for several reasons. I am now going on 5 weeks and doing good! I have no time frame for continuing, I take it day to day. If I had to stop tomorrow I would be happy because i've made it this far. I got some great advice this time and encouragement from family and friends. I know for some people breastfeeding comes natural and they have no issues with supply... but I have had to work real hard. While I do enjoy it and it has amazing benefits, I do see the pro's and con's of breastfeeding/formula feeding. The BIGGEST thing I miss with bottle feeding is that right now I would LOVE a night of uninterrupted sleep. But that will come, in time.
*Speaking of breastfeeding, I found out some recent good information. Caleb hadn't pooped in a few days. I mean he went from going 8 times a day to not for over 48 hours. Well I called my pediatrician and asked what I should do, and when should I start worrying. She told me to eat chocolate. I thought she was nuts. But apparently eating chocolate acts as a stool softener for breastfed babies. SO I tried it. I ate a handful of chocolate chips about 10:00a.m. and then around 4:00p.m. we had success! Who knows, it could have been a coincidence, but I am a believer! His little system emptied out and he was a brand new child! Who would have thought?!
Anyhow, things are going really well. I love being a mommy! I know a lot of close girlfriends who are trying to conceive and I just pray that they are able to experience the gift of children in one way or another! Hopefully I can start coming up with some stellar posts for you all to read. With summer coming there is always vacation posts and pictures, so don't ditch me yet. There is hope for this boring blogger!
2 comments:
So glad to hear that the transition from 3 to 4 is going well! And I find that I'm in a blogging rut also!
I just told Jon at dinner that I hadn't posted anything since Feb. 15. I don't have anything to say! And anyway, who expects you to keep posting as often with a toddler and an infant?! You've got a great excuse!
Post a Comment