Friday, March 12, 2010

Homemade Pizza

Posting 2 days in a row?? Wow... could this be my come back? Probably not, but we did something fun last night and I wanted to post about it.
Ever since Caleb was born we've had some awesome friends from church bring is meals 3 times a week. This has been GREAT and we've been extremely grateful. Well one couple, The Griffins, brought us homemade pizza. This inspired us and we decided to give it a try. So for the first time as a family we made homemade pizza last night and it was a success! Ethan had a blast making it and we did too! It works out to be cheaper than delivery and a great way to spend family time together. Now, my dad has made homemade pizzas with us before and the kids... I mean, REAL homemade pizza where he made the crust and all. And we LOVE doing that with him. MAYBE one day I will branch out and try making my own crust... maybe. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, ha ha. (For those of you who know me, you know I am NOT a cook... so this was a brave venture in and of itself!)



2 comments:

Amber Jean said...

Cheri-

I make my dough from "Joy of Cooking" and it's SO EASY. It's a hit every time.

http://www.thejoykitchen.com/recipe.lasso?recipe=1116&menu=one

enjoy!!
Amber

Unknown said...

Yay for homemade pizza! I'm so excited that you guys tried it. I don't blame you for starting out with a crust that's already made. The next step is the pre-made dough that you roll out for your crust - very easy - we'll have to get together soon for that!