Today as I started my first blog post of the new year, I realized it is my 600th post! I cannot believe I started blogging four years ago and have kept it up! 2009 has been a great year. The beginning of the year my baby turned 2! I got my tonsils taken out in April which has proved to be a bigger experience than it should have been. Between losing 13 pounds in a week and it being by far the worse pain i've ever experienced to it taking a HUGE chunk of change to pay for it (and we still are) I am thankful that they are out and I won't have to deal with problems again. In June we found out we were pregnant again! And now we are just a few weeks away from meeting our second baby boy! I can't believe Ethan will be 3 years old soon as well! I do feel like time is flying by. At first 2010 seemed so far away as I counted down the weeks until we meet Caleb, but now that it is here, I am realizing I need to cherish every moment I have as a family of 3 and take advantage of the precious time I have with just Ethan! I plan to stop working the week before my scheduled c-section so that I can get things prepared and spend quality time with Ethan. Great things are in store for 2010. Matt and I plan to continue to diligently work on getting out of debt and managing our finances better. I just wrote on facebook how proud of my family we are. I know we are very RICH compared to most of the world, but compared to the area we live in and others, we are living off of a small income as a family of 3 and soon to be 4. I don't say that for any reason other than it is only by God's blessings that I am able to work part time, stay at home with my babies, Matt is working the job of his dreams and finishing school. It took a long time to get where I am at now, but my heart is full and happy. My priorities have changed and I don't desire the things I used to. I pray that your year is a great one and that you commit to furthering relationships with people and follow after God's heart and plan for your life. There is NOTHING else that will bring you joy and peace!
Here is a picture of Matt and I on New Year's Eve. We are very thankful to have family close by that Ethan has a great relationship with. So thank you Papa & Grammy for watching Ethan while Matt and I rang in the new year. (I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment