I always throw in "or sooner" when people ask how much longer I have until our second baby boys arrives. Because Ethan came before his scheduled c-section and i've felt all along I wasn't going to make it long with this baby, I just have to throw it in! At least I know it won't be later than February 19th! We have an ultrasound next Wednesday to see how large this baby is measuring. Originally they told me he was going to be another 9 or 10 pounder. My diabetes hasn't been that bad this time, so he could be smaller... but I doubt it!
I haven't blogged much recently for a few reasons. One is I haven't had much to say. I've been so busy counting down the days and weeks, that this last trimester is really flying by. Sometimes I want to blog, but I don't have much to say these days. Other than "I'm tired!"! This pregnancy has been VERY different than with Ethan's. I am exhausted and have experienced very different pain and stretching in my stomach. I don't sleep well at night and chasing around an almost 3 year old doesn't help!
Speaking of my first born. He is awesome. He has grown physically and cognitively a lot these past few weeks. He is officially done potty training, although he's really been potty trained for about 3 months now. We finally stopped using diapers at night. He had been waking up dry for a LOOOOONG time, but i've been holding onto them for security. He now knows how to drink from a big cup. That has been one thing that he has taken a while to learn. So many people think he is older than what he is, but it's still hard to believe that he will be 3 in a month!!!
Anyhow, one last thing I want to leave you with is to say that I am blessed. I am truly thankful and overwhelmed by some things that are going on in my life that God has chosen to bless me with. To make a long story short, some wonderful women from my church are throwing me a shower for this baby. I wasn't sure if I would "get" a shower because it being my second baby and being the same gender. I had some needs and concerns and was trusting and wondering how God was going to provide. As soon as one of my dear friends told me their plans for a shower, I just started crying! I said even if no one comes I feel loved and blessed knowing that they were doing this for me! God knows and cares about the small things and I never need to question His provision.
No comments:
Post a Comment