Friday, April 04, 2008

Sweet Nothing

I have an urge to blog, but I don't have anything to blog about persay. Yesterday was a fun day because I met a few friends at a nearby mall to socialize with them and their little ones. I ended up just walking and talking with a dear friend, Shana and her newborn son. We were able to talk and share and enjoy one another. I lost track of time and ended up not leaving the mall until 2:00. Ethan was wide awake and so happy. It didn't even phase him that it was nap time. Now of course he was out like a light as soon as we got in the car to come home. What a sweet boy.
Anyhow, I found a deal at the mall. If you need a floor lamp, Kirklands has several cute lamps for $19.99. Believe me, that is a good price. I have been searching for one for our living room because we don't have much light. I looked at Target & Walmart. Even the ones there that looked descent were at least $29.00. So needless to say, I called Matt and asked him about purchasing one from Kirklands, and we did! Now we have more light!! I didn't realize how much we needed one until we had a women's small group meeting at our apartment and we had a hard time seeing our books from the one lamp we have. Let there be light!
We are getting really anxious about our trip to Florida at the end of the month. Ethan has recently been going through a separation stage, so that is interesting timing. I am praying he will do ok. I am sure he won't even notice that we're gone. He's going to have so much fun with his grandparents on both sides of the family. Matt and I have been looking at things to do and planning our trip. YAY! We are very excited about being able to go on a vacation just the two of us.
I broke out the crockpot for the first time ever last week and made a recipe that my sister-in-law had on her blog. It was SO yummy and I was surprised about how easy it was to make. I have been feeling like we are just stuck in the meals that I make. I make the same things like every week and we need more variety. However, i'm not much of a cook. I hate that it takes more time to prepare and clean up the meal than it does to eat it. Ha. If you have any easy yummy recipes that you would like to share, I would LOVE it.
Well TGIF. I am ready for a good weekend. I am ready for the sun to be back out. I praise the Lord for the rain though. I can't complain since we've been in a drought. But I just thrive in 70 degree sunny weather. It will also make training easier. Yes, we are planning on running the race for the cure. I now have a goal in mind and will be running with my running partner in the Susan G Komen race for the cure at Meredith College in Raleigh. We got out of the habit of running, and now we've got to work our way back up. It's only 3.1 miles, so its not a huge race, but i'm excited. Well have a good weekend!!!

No comments: