Monday, April 09, 2012

Vacation count down

12 days! 12 days until my little family goes on our first family vacation, just us! I am so excited! We are going to Florida for a week and will be going to Disney one of those days. Ethan is super excited as well. We have had a calendar countdown going since the beginning of March! We have looked at Disney.com and looked at pictures and videos of Disney and he is just super excited to go. It is so fun to see his face at a toy store, let alone the look I am imagining when he steps inside the gates of Disney. He will be ecstatic! I am imagining a little overwhelmed as well. Ethan is at the perfect age to go, have a blast, and remember it. Caleb will like it and have fun, but I am not sure how much he will remember. I am limited on some of the rides that I can ride (Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain) because i'm preggo, but everything else we can all do together. We also had a recent surprise that adds to the excitement of the trip. We got a minivan! A new to us van that was a huge blessing! This makes me really happy when I think of packing up and driving the 10.5 hours or more it will take to get down there! I was not sure how it was all going to fit in our little Saturn, but now i'm excited! Even if our trip is awful (though I know it won't be), I am just excited to see all the blessings in this trip! From my parents letting us use their timeshare which is basically free for us, to upgrading from an efficiency suite to a 2 bedroom place with a full kitchen at a great resort! I am just too excited! We have plans to see some old friends of mine, swim in the resort pools and sprayground, maybe going to the beach, and just enjoying a relaxing vacation. But as I always say, vacations are nice, but sometimes we need a vacation from our vacation-- especially when it involves kids! Haha! Stayed tuned for more posts and pictures from our Florida vacation!

No comments: