Saturday, October 01, 2011

October!

October, I am so glad you are here!

Today it is absolutely beautiful outside. A cold front came through and it actually feels like fall. I have been waiting for this!

Ethan had a soccer game this morning. He hasn't played in 3 weeks due to rain cancellations. His first game of this season all he did was cry and run off the field and refuse to play. He has done well in practices but for some reason has a lot of anxiety about the games. We went through this last season and thought he was over it, but that wasn't the case. This morning we were nervous about how he would do and the first few minutes before the game he started crying and saying he didn't want to play. The coach let him sit out in the beginning, but then called him into the game. He seemed unsure of himself but kept trying and Matt and I cheered like it was the World Cup. Well, HE SCORED 3 GOALS!!!! I could not believe it! I was jumping up and down and screaming. I was SO proud of him. Hopefully he will now have the confidence to continue trying his best and prove to himself that he can do this. I actually look forward to his next game!

Sickness is finally leaving our house! The past 2 weeks 3 out of 4 of my family members were infected with hand, foot, and mouth disease. If you don't know what that is, look it up! It is a virus where you get blisters on your hands, and/or feet and mouth. Matt got it the worst. He had blisters all over in his mouth. He missed a week of work, church, and 2 softball games. I KNOW he is sick if he misses one of those, let alone all 3! Praise the Lord he is feeling better. Today, while our windows are wide open because of the gorgeous weather, I plan on disinfecting our house!

We leave for Brazil in less than 3 weeks! I am getting very excited! Our team has raised over $12,000 for us all to go and only need about $2,500 left! It is so neat to see how God uses other people to provide in ways that you necessarily can't. There is no way Matt and I would be able to afford this on our own, so we are thankful that friends and family have partnered with us so that we are able to make this possible! We are so excited to be able to see the kids again that we met last year.

No comments: