So yesterday at school Ethan was given a helium balloon. As we headed out to the car I told him to be careful and not let go or it would go up into the sky. We walked all the way to the car without letting go. But as I was loading Caleb into the car, I heard this sad little voice behind me say, "Mommy, I lost my balloon." I turned around to see this sad little face looking up into the sky. I said,
Mommy: "Aw, i'm sorry buddy. Mommy told you not to let go of the balloon and now it's way up in the sky."
Ethan: "It's ok mommy, i'll ask the birds and the birds will get it and bring it back to me and I say, thank you birds!"
It just made my heart melt because he genuinely thought that plan would work and he had such hope to his voice. He was sad on the way home and kept asking for it but I kept saying it was gone. Later last night after I tucked him into bed I heard whining and him repeating, "I want my balloon!" So I went into his bedroom and sat down and explained that I was sorry but it was gone way up in the air and that maybe we can get a new one. Ethan sat up in bed and said, "Mommy! I can get wings and go get my balloon!" Again, I just smiled and sweetly explained that his balloon was gone. I've never wanted so badly to get his balloon back. It was a funny, sweet, and sad feeling all together! Bye bye little yellow balloon. You have a sweet little boy that misses you!
1 comment:
Awwww his mommy used to beg to let them go then cry when they went.
Post a Comment