I cannot believe Caleb is almost 4 months old. I seriously do not know where the time goes. Days are flying by and turning into weeks and turning into months. Before I know it he will be 16 and learning to drive. Ok, well maybe I won't be that dramatic. But still, life seems to be moving at a faster rate. This post is to tell a little more about Caleb and the personality that he is starting to develop. First, we thought Ethan was the easiest baby we could possibly be blessed with. Ethan was always happy, hardly ever cried so if he was crying there was definitely a reason like ear infection, etc. Ethan slept through the night early on, like around 9 weeks old. Well as much as we though Ethan was the world's easiest baby, Caleb is even more so! Seriously. He is the happiest baby i've ever seen. He is ALWAYS smiling... and a huge cheesy, your whole face lights up kind of smile too. He started sleeping through the night around 5 to 6 weeks old. He pulled a couple of 8 hour nights then, but really around 10 weeks old is when he started consistently sleeping from 10:00p.m. (his last feeding of the night) to 7:00a.m. He eats like a champ too and will be READY to take rice cereal or oatmeal at 4 months old. Seriously, every week he is changing. People at church and at my workplace are constantly saying, "Cheri, you may think we are crazy but Caleb has changed so much since last week!" He is starting to lose his baby hair. I literally pulled a hairball off his head this morning. When Ethan lost his it all came out in one night, no joke. I feel that Caleb is going to be the same. But we'll see if it comes back in blonde like Ethan's did. Caleb is really starting the laugh and LOVES "talking" to me. Last night he was going on and on talking, cooing, and making all sorts of noises. I asked Matt to grab the video camera so we could get it in camera. Don't you know the SECOND that Matt turned it on, he stopped. I mean he was talking up a storm. Talking so loud that Matt thought he was started to fuss. But he wasn't, he just had something mighty important to tell his mama. I love laying next to him and just taking him all in. I am definitely in love with this little boy. Ethan still loves him and kisses him and is very protective of his "brudder"! The other week at school a little girl who is known to hit walked up to Caleb's stroller and started to go after him and Ethan jumped in the way and said, "NO! That is my brudder, leave him alone!" I was very proud of Ethan. I know they will be close when they get older. I can just tell. Caleb even will turn to Ethan and just watch him when he's playing and focus on him. I pray that they have a special relationship!
Anyhow, i've been debating on dropping this blog. I never thought I would be one of those people that would be too busy to keep up with my blog, i've had it for 4 years now, but I am debating on letting it go. Seriously, life is getting too busy and I LOVE it! Before long we will be having Ethan in tee ball and he will start kindergarten in 2 years. (YIKES! Is that even possible??!!!) So we'll see.
More pictures to come and of course I will proudly post his 4 month stats when we go to the doctor. I know my chunky monkey has grown a TON since his last visit. I am anxious to see how much he weighs.
1 comment:
That would be so disappointing if you dropped the blog! But, totally understandable and for the best reasons ever!! Y'all are such a good looking family!
Post a Comment