Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas and more....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
It has been such a good holiday. A friend mentioned to me how neat it was that I am pregnant around this time because I have a glimpse into the what it must have been like for Mary and Joseph way back when Jesus was born. I know it wasn't during the month of Decemeber but since we celebrate during this time, it was a neat thing to think about. I love in the bible where it says "Mary pondered these things in her heart" when she was told she was going to have a baby. I love that because I do a lot of pondering in my own heart. It is amazing how God designed our bodies and I feel privileged to be the one to carry this child. I feel him move more and more each day because he has no room to move any more! So no longer is it the sporatic kicks (which I still get sometimes) but I feel every roll and turn over and movement. I LOVE IT! I get to ponder the greatness of our creator during this time. Praise God!
This holiday has been a good one and it is still going to get better. We have visited with all of my husbands side of the family, and now my turn is coming up tomorrow. We are off to the mountains of NC to an awesome cabin my parents rented. We were hoping for snow during this time, but it doesn't look like it will happen. But we are excited to get away and enjoy this time. I have gotten some fun gifts this year, like the movies Ice Age and Chronicles of Narnia. I have also gotten gift cards to my 2 favorite places, Brueggers and Starbucks! My inlaws got us a really nice photo and regular printer so we can start printing pictures and things. And my favorite gift of all was a necklace that my husband got me. It is beautiful! It has a heart on it with 3 genuine tanzanite gems. I love it because he picked it out for me on his own and I totally wasn't expecting it. I am spoiled! I love giving gifts so much so it was nice to receive an unexpected bonus from the school system so we were able to buy gifts for everyone. I just love this time of the year.
Anyhow, someone posted a comment asking what my husband and I do for fun.... despite the obvious answer that comes with marriage ;) ha ha ha, we have so much fun doing the dumbest things. For example, we stayed up together last night until midnight playing online games against each other. We love games.atari.com where we can play battleship, yahtzee, and sorry against each other. We are so goofy and have so much fun together. We used to run all around our apartment playing tag and tackling each other on the bed or literally throwing each other off the bed. He told me the other day, he cannot wait for the baby to be born, not because he is excited about our son (although I am sure that is a reason too) but because he cannot wait to be able to throw me off the bed! ha ha. I guess he has missed that these past 8 months! It is just the little ways that we have so much fun together. We don't need to go out and spend money on entertainment, we come up with things and are silly together and it is awesome. I hope that part of our marriage never dies. Our not so fun funnest game lately is dead legging or flicking each other in the car. We are both so stubborn that we have to be the one to touch the other person last. So you know that game never stops. So anyhow, he is my best friend and I love him so much more than I think he'll ever comprehend.
Well thats it for now, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Think back and praise God for the greatest gift of all he gave us over 2,000 years ago!

No comments: