Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Funny stories courtesy of Ethan!

Ethan has a few things he says I that hope he never stops saying. One of which is "got-for" instead of forgot!
Today at lunch we started eating and then all of a sudden Ethan yells, "hey guys, we got-for to pray!" We just laughed and laughed! It is so cute to hear him say it. But I guess it won't be cute when he gets to high school and tells his teacher, "I got-for my homework!"

Another one of Ethan's sayings is "p-cause" instead of because. When he gets excited and is telling a story he really gets on a roll: "I want to get a new race car p-cause I want it, and p-cause Lightening McQueen is my favorite, p-cause he is the fastest!" So cute.

Today at Walmart we were waiting in a checkout isle. I had the two boys with me by myself. The next isle over was an older larger lady and all of a sudden she starts laughing really loud and really hard. Well, Ethan then echos her and laughs really loud and really hard like she did. She whipped around like she was going to hit someone and saw my precious 3.5 year old darling standing there. She wasn't so angry but I could tell was a bit bothered. I apologized on Ethan's behalf and then noticed that the 2 cashiers and people around us were laughing so hard into their sleeves, trying not to make it a bigger deal to the woman. It really was hilarious. But being the good mom I am, I had a talk all the way out to the car with Ethan about mocking people and how even though she was laughing, and so was he, that it wasn't funny. Somehow I don't think it sank into his mind... it's a hard concept. (Son, don't you laugh when other people are laughing or after they laugh!)

Ethan is always keeping us on our toes! I thank God for his joyful personality and his love for laughing and making other people laugh! I know we will have our hands full in a year or 2 when Caleb and him get going together! They already laugh together and Caleb gets really hyper! See God, I need a little girl to even this household out ;)

1 comment:

Grammy said...

He said "forgot" correctly yesterday!