Today is my baby's 3rd birthday! Sometimes I can not believe that I have a three year old! I can't imagine my life before him. He is our joy and I never knew I could love someone so much until he came into our lives! Three years ago today we welcomed Ethan into this world. He was 9 lbs, 5 ounces. Thursday we have his 3 year old well check so I will know his stats then. I think he is somewhere around 40 pounds. He is built like a linebacker and has been since birth. Ethan loves all sports and has a lot of natural athletic ability. Currently he LOVES playing with his Thomas train table, Monster Trucks, and any kind of cars. His favorite thing to do is wrestle and play chase with daddy. Ethan loves going to the library and picking out books to read. He of course picks out Thomas books and Berenstain Bears. Ethan loves to make up silly songs about everything...much like Matt and I did when we were dating and married. We love being silly and he does too. Matter of fact I was cleaning out the fridge yesterday and he picked up his guitar and started singing a song, "the food in the trash is stinky and yucky"! He cracked me up. Ethan's favorite movie is CARS and he would watch it every day if we let him. He also loved our recent few snow storms...he would have stayed out all day if we let him. Ethan generally has no fear when it comes to anything, but can be shy when first meeting someone. I discovered very early that Ethan gets embarrassed very easily, especially when he's in trouble in front of someone. I have to be careful not to reprimand him in front of others because he is really bothered by it. I don't believe in public humiliation anyway, but it is interesting that he was like this from an early age. I love my boy so much and I know God has amazing things in store for his life! He is very strong willed and it is my prayer that God would use it for His good and that Ethan would grow up to be a loving and strong boy/man!
p.s. I love searching for a great bargain... I found this "3" shirt at BabiesRUs for $2.00! What a steal.
2 comments:
happy birthday Ethan!! WE love you!
Happy Birthday to Ethan from the Joyners!!! I can not believe he is three today...I totally remember being at his first birthday party! We can't wait to meet Caleb...he is adorable! I hope you are doing well!!!
Post a Comment